The project was jointly funded with the Welfare Association and ran between15 May 2011 up to the end of August 2011, providing cultural and entertainment services for orphaned children between the ages of four and fifteen, who had lost their parents or guardians during the Israeli aggression against Gaza in 2009.
The project aimed to:
- Provide a safe space for children to relax and enjoy themselves.
- Encourage a love of reading among children.
- Engage children in arts and cultural activities.
- Strengthen children’s confidence and team spirit.
- Strengthen the relationships between children living in different areas.
These primary aims were achieved through teaching children traditional Palestinian games, drama and performance activities, arts and crafts, open microphone shows, film screenings, open days, and swimming.