Open Call: A.M. Qattan Foundation's Open Exhibitions
1 November – 10 December 2018
The A.M. Qattan Foundation invites Palestinian artists, curators and art collectives to submit material to be considered for the Foundation’s Open Exhibitions, which will take place between May and June 2019. Submission of proposals will be accepted between 1 November and 10 December 2018.
Proposals by individual artists will be accepted as Solo Exhibitions, while curatorial and/or group proposals will be Group Exhibitions. All works should be finished at the time of the proposal and ready to install. The Open Exhibitions aim to promote high-quality visual art practices that challenge the field in content, technique, form, material and display. Moreover, one of the primary objectives of the Programme is to expose new work and works-in-progress by young, mid-career and established Palestinian artists.
The duration of the exhibition is two months, whereby the A.M. Qattan Foundation offers the following:
- One, two or all of the spaces specified in the attached exhibition plan: A or B or C, or AB or BC, or the entire space: ABCDE.
- Installation cost of the work (production costs cannot be reimbursed).
- Technical assistance and equipment (only if available).
- Publication, including design, text translation and copyediting in both Arabic and English.
- Shipping costs within Palestine. (Palestinian applicants from abroad must bear all responsibility and costs of shipping the work to the Foundation in Ramallah).
- Insurance of the work during the exhibition period.
Joint projects between Palestinian and international artists are welcomed. Proposals should include the following as separate files:
- Brief on the exhibition with specifications on the space/s required as outlined in the attached exhibition plan. (250 words max)
- Images of all of the work to be submitted.
- Image captions (including work title, dimensions, medium and concept in English and Arabic).
- Exhibition wall text (in English and Arabic).
- Technical rider (including equipment, lighting).
- Space design and arrangement based on the attached floor plan.
- Names and bios (100-150 words in English and Arabic) of participating artist(s).
Please note that drilling in the floors is not permitted. Deadline for receipt of submissions is 12 p.m. on 10 December 10 2018. Entries should be sent to this e-mail: email@example.com. Entries will be reviewed by the Selection Committee that includes experts from the field. Applicants will receive an email notification of their submission and another to announce selection decisions by the end of December 2018.
Space availability at the Exhibition Area, The A. M. Qattan Foundation Cultural Center